Help and Support – COVID-19
I have included links and contact details for a wide range of organisations that are here to help.
Please note, all links below are for external organisations. All information was true and accurate at the time of publication and was last checked on 4 February 2021. Information is checked every months or if there is a significant change in circumstances.
There are a large number of charities that offer emotional and wellbeing support, if you are feeling lonely, worried or anxious about the situation we are in, you could contact one of the following charities:
- If you are in a mental health crisis and need urgent help, you should call NHS Sheffield Health and Social Care‘s Single Point of Access, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0114 226 3636 or 0808 196 8281 (freephone). Please click the link for full details.
- If you are struggling with your mental health, you can call Sheffield Rethink Helpline, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0808 801 0440 (free from landlines, mobile charges may apply).
- If you are suicidal and want to talk to someone in confidence you can call the Samaritans on 116 123 or 0330 094 5717, or email email@example.com.
- If you cannot get support with shopping or prescriptions from a friend or family member during this difficult time, Sheffield City Council offer a Community Helpline, which can help with shopping, medication collection, social contact or urgent support. If you would benefit from this service, call 0114 273 4567 or visit the website.
- If you are lonely, worried or want advice on support contact the British Red Cross – offers a 7 day a week coronavirus support line. The line is free and confidential, it is 0808 196 3651 and is open daily from 10am to 6pm.
- If you are over 50 and lonely Sheffield Mind offers a locally based listening line, you can call for 30 minutes once a week. People are encouraged to call 0114 312 2209, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call back.
- If you need support with domestic abuse, drugs or alcohol, you can contact Sheffield DACT on the following numbers:
- Domestic abuse helpline 0808 808 2241
- Drug support helpline 0114 272 1471
- Alcohol support helpline 0114 305 0500
- If you require bereavement support you can contact Listening Ear by calling 0800 048 5224 or visit their website for more information about support.
- If you need support from a food bank, you can find details of food banks near you by clicking here.
- If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness you should contact Sheffield City Council’s Housing Solutions team on 0114 273 6306 or 0800 731 1689 (after 5pm) or request a call back by clicking here.
Financial Support – Individuals
You may experience financial difficulty during the lockdown, below is a list of places you could contact to discuss your situation.
- You may be eligible to apply for support if you are self isolating after being told to by NHS Test and Trace and are on a low income. Details of eligibility and how to apply can be found by clicking here.
- If you are having difficulty paying for food or other essentials, you may be eligible for a ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Grant’ from Sheffield City Council, details of eligibility can be found by clicking here.
- If you are struggling to pay your council tax you should visit Sheffield City Council’s website by clicking here.
- If you’re struggling to pay your council house rent you should call Sheffield City Council on 0114 293 0000 to make a realistic repayment agreement.
Financial Support – Businesses
Sheffield City Council has a comprehensive list of support available for local businesses, they also have a dedicated team who can talk to business owners about the support they may be eligible for.
- The Council recently created a new grant scheme for businesses that have not been eligible for other grant schemes and are impacted by the third national lockdown. Businesses that are eligible can receive a £1,000 one off payment. More details can be found by clicking here (external link).
Visit Sheffield City Council’s website by clicking here.
Or contact Business Sheffield by calling 0114 224 5000 or email email@example.com